On 30 November 2017 in Liverpool, the Sellick Partnership hosted a seminar delivered by Brad Pomfret and Tom Gosling – on the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The seminar was well attended by a large number of representatives from businesses across the finance, technology, professional services, consulting, human resources and legal industries.
The GDPR comes into force from 25 May 2018. Accompanied by the anticipated Data Protection Act 2018, they together represent the most significant revision of the UK’s data protection laws in over 20 years. The changes are significant and will have an impact on almost all businesses and organisations, requiring them to review and revise their compliance and organisational and technical measures in how they deal with personal data. The changes highlighted and discussed at the seminar included;
– Expanded definition of Personal Data
– Enhanced rights for Data Subjects
– New accountability requirements
– New obligations for data processors
– Data protection by design and DPIA’s
– Data Protection Officers
– the new data breach communication framework
– Increased administrative penalties
– Judicial remedies and compensation
– Practical implications for organisations and what steps can they take now.
If you have any enquiries about Seminars 23es can offer, whether on the GDPR or any other subject please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org