With its release on 17 February 2016, the Chancery Guide has been substantially re-written, updating the previous version dated 31 January 2013 to take into account the following:
- The Chancery Modernisation Review conducted by Briggs LJ;
- Costs management reforms arising out of the report of Jackson LJ;
- Removal of most of the restrictions on Chancery Masters;
- Recent initiatives including the Financial List, Shorter Trials and Flexible Trials;
- The introduction of CE-file and electronic filing.
The new Guide can be read online using the following link: